These notes are dedicated to my sweetheart who requested that I try to explain what this poem is all about. So here goes -
• The view of the bay, its beauty and grandeur, is a vision of heaven or the afterlife
• The beach, the shore represents salvation or rebirth.
• The blazing sun is a metaphor for human suffering...
• The scent of pine needles and fallen leaves are things that help us in our sufferings through life.
• The breeze is a double-edged sword. It alleviates our pain somewhat, while at the same time it exposes us to things that are out there to destroy us. For example television.
• The pack (presumably of wolves) represent Satan and his minions. You can view each beast as a temptation, sent to derail our plan of salvation.
• The arrows are our defense against temptation. They represent the word of God (the Bible or the messages He sends through His prophets) that we can use to ward off temptations in our life,
• The eagle represents divine intervention, or guardian angels. When we pray, sometimes He sends us help so that we will achieve salvation. The dove is the Holy Spirit from where heavenly interventions come from.
• Finally, the immersion in the water represents baptism where we wash away all the grime in our life...
C.R.Stangeroltre 4 anni
@Vic: hehe....hey now your sounding like your from my home state..(I'm so cheesy i know). I always respond well to that ...oh texas ...we are so proud of ourselves here its pathetic haha....you know whats funny is I've been called Catherine "StRanger" by people calling out my name in school and stuff and they don't see at first there is not an R in it...so I always smile when someone says something like don't be a stranger... where are you from? now I'm curious....